In this post I will tell you how to fix problem manually and how to clean it automatically using a special powerful removal tool.
You can download the removal program for free here:
What is MY-FREE-MP3.NET?
MY-FREE-MP3.NET is a browser hijacker.
Browser hijacking is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission, to inject unwanted advertising into the user’s browser.
A MY-FREE-MP3.NET browser hijacker may replace the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.
How I got MY-FREE-MP3.NET virus?
Usually users can be infected by adware virus during installation of free games or by infected e-mails. That is why I recommend you never install new unknown software downloaded not from developer’s site. And of course, don’t trust installation by default! Check every option during installation process.
But what if you already have MY-FREE-MP3.NET virus?
You have to uninstall it immediately! To do so, follow the steps I wrote below.
How to remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
- Head to the Start menu at the left bottom corner of your desktop and select Control Panel. Then select Uninstall a program. A list of software installed on the machine will appear.
- Find MY-FREE-MP3.NET in the list of installed programs and uninstall it as any other program. Just select the program you want to uninstall and press button Uninstall.
- Open Task Manager and close all programs, which has name MY-FREE-MP3.NET in their description. Check the directories where such programs start. Erase all of them too.
- Press Win+R, type in: services.msc and press OK. Disable services with MY-FREE-MP3.NET in it’s name.
- After that press Win+R, type in: taskschd.msc and press OK. Delete tasks with MY-FREE-MP3.NET in it’s name.
- Press Win+R, type in: regedit.exe and press OK. Find and delete all keys with MY-FREE-MP3.NET in their names or content.
- After that, check shortcuts of your browsers if they have additional addresses at the end of command line. Check if shortcuts runs real browsers, not fakes. Remember: Chromium is fake browser, real name have to be Chrome.
- Check all plug-ins of all installed browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. if they have MY-FREE-MP3.NET in their names or directory.
- After that, check settings of search and homepage of your browser. Reset them if needed.
- And at the end, clear your basket, temporal files, browser’s cache.
Will you remove it?
But if you miss any of these steps and only one part of virus remains – it will come back again immediately or after reboot.
So I know the better way to do the same thing without afraid of miss something.
How to easily remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET virus? (Virus removal guide)
To remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect, follow these steps:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 2: Scan for MY-FREE-MP3.NET malware using UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 3: Remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET malware. (3 minutes)
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
will complete all steps I wrote above by checking all items with it’s database in only 1 minute!
Also UnHackMe surely will find another malware too, not only MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect.
With manual deletion there can be some problems with erasing some opened files. Some processes can immediately be opened again. Often you can not have access rights to do some operations also.
UnHackMe ready to all this situations and will make hard work during reboot.
And that is not the end! If after erasing MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect some problems still exists, UnHackMe has manual mode to explore unwanted programs in list and fix them.
Just try to use UnHackMe from Greatis Software and follow this guide!
So let’s start now:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- And later you have to choose destination to install and finish installation process.
STEP 2: Scan for MY-FREE-MP3.NET malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- After that you have to run UnHackMe, and start scanning, you may use fast scan for only 1 minute. But if you have time – I recommend you to run Online Multi-Antivirus + Anti-malware scanning with VirusTotal – it will increase probability of detection not only MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect, but the other unwanted software too.
- After that the scanning process will begin.
STEP 3: Remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET malware (3 minutes).
- By the way, UnHackMe shows you everything he found, not only absolutely bad, but suspected and even potentially good. Be careful! Not sure – skip it! But if it is marked as dangerous – trust it. It will be red. Check it and click Remove Checked.
- After that UnHackMe may ask you for confirmation and advise to close all browsers. Do it.
- In case you need to delete file or directory it is better to check “Use file safe deleting”. Yes, you will need to reboot, but this is best way.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn’t it? I fixed MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect in only 5 minutes! That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect or other unwanted software, using this simple guide.
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
- Well, at first clear your basket. It is very usual, but necessary operation.
Simply right click on your basket and choose “Clear”.
- After that you have to clear the cache of your browser. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options.
Open Privacy tab and check option ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’ as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser’s pages. All information in cache will be removed.
So after all these steps you will have absolutely clean system without any trace of MY-FREE-MP3.NET redirect virus. Start using UnHackMe right now to completely protect your PC from malware and unwanted programs!