In this post I will tell you how to fix problem manually and how to clean it automatically using a special powerful removal tool.
You can download the removal program for free here:
What is YOUMAINPAGE.ORG?
YOUMAINPAGE.ORG is a browser hijacker.
A browser hijacker is a type of malware that is designed to change your browser’s settings.
You may experience any of the following behaviors: Your search is getting redirected to different websites. Your homepage or search engine is changed without your permission. Webpages load slowly.
How I got YOUMAINPAGE.ORG virus?
My brother Jack is gamer. He spends all his free time to play. Online games and classic games too. So Jack got used to download too much software without paying attention on content and installation process. He just installs everything by the fastest way he can – by default. And I was not surprised when yesterday he caught new redirect virus – YOUMAINPAGE.ORG.
Now most of developers of installation packs include other software in it also. And often it is unwanted or even potentially dangerous software. One of examples is YOUMAINPAGE.ORG adware virus. Perhaps it sounds just like internet site name, but it doesn’t. It is an adware which will display ads whether you want them to or not.
How can you protect from installing YOUMAINPAGE.ORG virus and other adware?
First of all, as you probably understand from the previous chapter, never install new software by default. Always pay attention on options. Check if some unwanted software or plug-in presented in installation. Cancel them. And main rule: spend one minute more at start, but save hours later!
Will you remove it?
But what if you already installed it? What can you do?
Don’t worry, I have two methods of solving your problem: 1) manual and 2) easy.
How to remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
- Head to the Start menu at the left bottom corner of your desktop and select Control Panel. Then select Uninstall a program. A list of software installed on the machine will appear.
- Find YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in the list of installed programs and uninstall it as any other program. Just select the program you want to uninstall and press button Uninstall.
- Open Task Manager and close all programs, which has name YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in their description. Check the directories where such programs start. Erase all of them too.
- Press Win+R, type in: services.msc and press OK. Disable services with YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in it’s name.
- After that press Win+R, type in: taskschd.msc and press OK. Delete tasks with YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in it’s name.
- Press Win+R, type in: regedit.exe and press OK. Find and delete all keys with YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in their names or content.
- After that, check shortcuts of your browsers if they have additional addresses at the end of command line. Check if shortcuts runs real browsers, not fakes. Remember: Chromium is fake browser, real name have to be Chrome.
- Check all plug-ins of all installed browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. if they have YOUMAINPAGE.ORG in their names or directory.
- After that, check settings of search and homepage of your browser. Reset them if needed.
- And at the end, clear your basket, temporal files, browser’s cache.
But if you miss any of these steps and only one part of virus remains – it will come back again immediately or after reboot.
So I know the better way to do the same thing without afraid of miss something.
How to easily remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG virus? (Virus removal guide)
To remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect, follow these steps:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 2: Scan for YOUMAINPAGE.ORG malware using UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 3: Remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG malware. (3 minutes)
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
UnHackMe will complete all steps I wrote above by checking all items with it’s database in only 1 minute!
Also UnHackMe surely will find another malware too, not only YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect.
With manual deletion there can be some problems with erasing some opened files. Some processes can immediately be opened again. Often you can not have access rights to do some operations also.
UnHackMe ready to all this situations and will make hard work during reboot.
And that is not the end! If after erasing YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect some problems still exists, UnHackMe has manual mode to explore unwanted programs in list and fix them.
Just try to use UnHackMe from Greatis Software and follow all these simple steps!
So let’s start now:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
- Well, download software, the last version of course. Never download from 3d-party sites, do it from developer’s sites only. So you can protect yourself from another malware or adware. Go to Greatis Team site, where is trial version for 30 days free. Start it for installation.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- And later you have to choose destination to install and finish installation process.
STEP 2: Scan for YOUMAINPAGE.ORG malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- After that you have to run UnHackMe, and start scanning, you may use fast scan for only 1 minute. But if you have time – I recommend you to run Online Multi-Antivirus + Anti-malware scanning with VirusTotal – it will increase probability of detection not only YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect, but the other unwanted software too.
- After that the scanning process will begin.
STEP 3: Remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG malware (3 minutes).
- By the way, UnHackMe shows you everything he found, not only absolutely bad, but suspected and even potentially good. Be careful! Not sure – skip it! But if it is marked as dangerous – trust it. It will be red. Check it and click Remove Checked.
- After that UnHackMe may ask you for confirmation and advise to close all browsers. Do it.
- In case you need to delete file or directory it is better to check “Use file safe deleting”. Yes, you will need to reboot, but this is best way.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn’t it? I fixed YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect in only 5 minutes! That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect or other unwanted software.
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
- Well, at first clear your basket. It is very usual, but necessary operation.
Simply right click on your basket and choose “Clear”.
- After that you have to clear the cache of your browser. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options.
Open Privacy tab and check option ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’ as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser’s pages. All information in cache will be removed.
So after all these steps you will have absolutely clean system without any trace of YOUMAINPAGE.ORG redirect virus. Start using UnHackMe right now to completely protect your PC from malware and unwanted programs!