In this post I will tell you how to fix problem manually and how to clean it automatically using a special powerful removal tool.
You can download the removal program for free here:
What is COINHIVE?
COINHIVE is a Trojan hiddenly mining cryptocurrency in your browser.
Web-miner is a Java-script, executed from a web site or from a browser extension (or plugin).
- COINHIVE significantly reduces the performance of the computer, using its resources.
- COINHIVE reduces battery’s capacity.
- COINHIVE does not host malicious modules on the victim’s computer, and therefore is difficult to cure.
How I got COINHIVE virus?
The other day I found that a couple of sites I often visited suddenly became too slow. More precisely, everything was too slow on my PC.
When I visited these sites, I noticed that processor’s usage is about 100%.
I found out that this behavior is typical for web-miners. In fact, an attacker (or sometimes the author of the site with the purpose of additional earnings) inserts in the site code a Java-script that works on the victim’s computer while it is on this site.
There are also another exotic types of web-miners, when the script is built in not into a specific site, but into a plug-in that builds a malicious script into any page you open on-fly.
Will you remove it?
How can you protect from web-miner COINHIVE?
In fact, for this type of malware, the answer is not so obvious. Do not go to unknown sites? Sure. In addition, a well-known site can suddenly start to contain a malicious script too.
Disable scripts and monitor their execution? Perhaps. And of course, avoid plugins. Unknown plugins. New plugins. I would even say – almost any pluggin.
But don’t worry! I will explain everything more precisely.
You have 2 ways to remove COINHIVE:
Why I recommend you to use an automatic way of protection?
- You know only one virus name: "COINHIVE", but usually you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The UnHackMe program detects this threat and all others.
- UnHackMe is quite fast! You need only 5 minutes to check your PC.
- UnHackMe uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module.
- UnHackMe is small and compatible with any antivirus.
- UnHackMe is fully free for 30-days!
How to easily remove COINHIVE virus? (Virus removal guide)
Here’s how to remove COINHIVE virus:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 2: Scan for COINHIVE malware using UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 3: Remove COINHIVE malware. (3 minutes)
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
will complete all steps I wrote above by checking all items with it’s database in only 1 minute!
Also UnHackMe surely will find another malware too, not only COINHIVE virus.
With manual deletion there can be some problems with erasing some opened files. Some processes can immediately be opened again. Often you can not have access rights to do some operations also.
UnHackMe ready to all this situations and will make hard work during reboot.
And that is not the end! If after erasing COINHIVE virus some problems still exists, UnHackMe has manual mode to explore unwanted programs in list and fix them.
Just try to use UnHackMe from Greatis Software and follow this guide!
So let’s start now:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- And later you have to choose destination to install and finish installation process.
STEP 2: Scan for COINHIVE malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- At first, you have to run UnHackMe and check if web-miner’s protection option is on.
- Then start scanning. You may use fast scan for only 1 minute. But if you have time – I recommend you to run Online Multi-Antivirus + Anti-malware scanning with VirusTotal – it will increase probability of detection not only COINHIVE virus, but the other unwanted software too.
- After that the scanning process will begin.
STEP 3: Remove COINHIVE malware (3 minutes).
- By the way, UnHackMe shows you everything he found, not only absolutely bad, but suspected and even potentially good. Be careful! Not sure – skip it! But if it is marked as dangerous – trust it. It will be red. Check it and click Remove Checked.
- After that UnHackMe may ask you for confirmation and advise to close all browsers. Do it.
- In case you need to delete file or directory it is better to check “Use file safe deleting”. Yes, you will need to reboot, but this is best way.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
- Well, at first clear your basket. It is very usual, but necessary operation.
Simply right click on your basket and choose “Clear”.
- After that you have to clear the cache of your browser. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options.
Open Privacy tab and check option ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’ as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser’s pages. All information in cache will be removed.
So after all these steps you will have absolutely clean system without any trace of COINHIVE virus. Start using UnHackMe right now to completely protect your PC from malware and unwanted programs!
How to remove COINHIVE web miner manually? (Virus removal guide)
- Open the Task Manager and find out which process loads all the resources of your processor. Is this your browser? Most likely, you were attacked by a web miner.
- Check the plug-ins of all installed browsers Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. I recommend that you delete them, leaving only the standard ones. This is especially true for the Chrome browser.
- And at the end, clear your temporal files, browser’s cache.
So it was much easier to protect your PC automatically, wasn’t it? I fixed COINHIVE virus in only 5 minutes! That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove COINHIVE virus or other unwanted software, using this simple guide.