In this post I will tell you how to fix problem manually and how to clean it automatically using a special powerful removal tool.
You can download the removal program for free here:
What is MY QUICK CONVERTER?
MY QUICK CONVERTER is a browser hijacker.
Browser hijacking is a form of unwanted software that modifies a web browser’s settings without a user’s permission, to inject unwanted advertising into the user’s browser.
A MY QUICK CONVERTER browser hijacker may replace the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.
How I got MY QUICK CONVERTER virus?
Today morning I woke up by my mum’s call. She said something happened with her PC and I need immediately help her.
Well, as I came to my mum’s house, I saw the MY QUICK CONVERTER screen in every browser’s page.
Will you remove it?
It was really strange, because usually mum’s PC had empty start page. But it was changed! I examined the shortcut of Firefox either and found what is was infected too.
Usually such viruses alter your default search engine too. I checked it – and it was really changed! And when I tried to fix them they were restored again after reboot. So I understood what is this. MY QUICK CONVERTER is a kind of virus which changes homepage, search engine of your web browser to it’s own and modifies browser’s shortcuts too.
Of course I helped my mum and told her to be careful during installing of new software, never choose default mode. But I think simple instruction to remove MY QUICK CONVERTER could be helpful for other people too. So I wrote it here and you can use it for free.
You have 2 ways to remove MY QUICK CONVERTER:
Why I recommend you to use an automatic way?
- You know only one virus name: "MY QUICK CONVERTER", but usually you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The UnHackMe program detects this threat and all others.
- UnHackMe is quite fast! You need only 5 minutes to check your PC.
- UnHackMe uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module.
- UnHackMe is small and compatible with any antivirus.
- UnHackMe is fully free for 30-days!
How to easily remove MY QUICK CONVERTER virus? (Virus removal guide)
Here’s how to remove MY QUICK CONVERTER virus:
will complete all steps I wrote above by checking all items with it’s database in only 1 minute!
Also UnHackMe surely will find another malware too, not only MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect.
With manual deletion there can be some problems with erasing some opened files. Some processes can immediately be opened again. Often you can not have access rights to do some operations also.
UnHackMe ready to all this situations and will make hard work during reboot.
And that is not the end! If after erasing MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect some problems still exists, UnHackMe has manual mode to explore unwanted programs in list and fix them.
Just try to use UnHackMe from Greatis Software and follow this guide!
So let’s start now:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- And later you have to choose destination to install and finish installation process.
STEP 2: Scan for MY QUICK CONVERTER malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- After that you have to run UnHackMe, and start scanning, you may use fast scan for only 1 minute. But if you have time – I recommend you to run Online Multi-Antivirus + Anti-malware scanning with VirusTotal – it will increase probability of detection not only MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect, but the other unwanted software too.
- After that the scanning process will begin.
STEP 3: Remove MY QUICK CONVERTER malware (3 minutes).
- By the way, UnHackMe shows you everything he found, not only absolutely bad, but suspected and even potentially good. Be careful! Not sure – skip it! But if it is marked as dangerous – trust it. It will be red. Check it and click Remove Checked.
- After that UnHackMe may ask you for confirmation and advise to close all browsers. Do it.
- In case you need to delete file or directory it is better to check “Use file safe deleting”. Yes, you will need to reboot, but this is best way.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
- Well, at first clear your basket. It is very usual, but necessary operation.
Simply right click on your basket and choose “Clear”.
- After that you have to clear the cache of your browser. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options.
Open Privacy tab and check option ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’ as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser’s pages. All information in cache will be removed.
So after all these steps you will have absolutely clean system without any trace of MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect virus. Start using UnHackMe right now to completely protect your PC from malware and unwanted programs!
How to remove MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
- Find MY QUICK CONVERTER in the list of installed programs and uninstall it.
- Open Task Manager and close all programs, which has name MY QUICK CONVERTER in their description. Check the directories where such programs start. Erase all of them too.
- Disable auto starting of services with MY QUICK CONVERTER in it’s name.
- Delete tasks with MY QUICK CONVERTER in it’s name.
- Find and delete all keys with virus name in it’s content.
- After that, check shortcuts of your browsers if they have additional addresses at the end of command line. Check if shortcuts runs real browsers, not fakes. Remember: Chromium is fake browser, real name have to be Chrome.
- Check all plug-ins of all installed browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, etc. if they have our virus name in their names or directory.
- After that, check settings of search and homepage of your browser. Reset them if needed.
- Next, you have to check your DNS settings. Follow your provider’s instructions, delete all unknown DNS addresses.
- And at the end, clear your basket, temporal files, browser’s cache.
But if you miss any of these steps and only one part of virus remains – it will come back again immediately or after reboot.
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn’t it? I fixed MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect in only 5 minutes! That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove MY QUICK CONVERTER redirect or other unwanted software, using this simple guide.