In this post I will tell you how to fix problem manually and how to clean it automatically using a special powerful removal tool.
You can download the removal program for free here:
What is 844 728-4916?
844 728-4916 is a Browser Hijacker!
844 728-4916 is classified as PUP.Adware.844 728-4916.
Browser Hijacker is a MALWARE PROGRAM, that alters your computer’s browser settings and redirects you to websites that you had no intention of visiting.
844 728-4916 browser hijacker may replace the existing home page, error page, or search page with its own.
How I got 844 728-4916 virus?
Every one of you sometimes installs a new software. But how do you do this usually? Of course you do it by the fastest way you can – by default. At first glance it is correct. No unneeded steps, no unwanted fields to choose. But this is general mistake!!!
Now most of developers of installation packs include other software in it also. And often it is unwanted or even potentially dangerous software. One of examples is 844 728-4916. It is an adware which will display ads whether you want them to or not.
All shortcuts of my browsers were infected and changed immediately. My homepage were changed to 844 728-4916 too.
I have tried to change it, I have checked all settings of my browser, but in waste – after a couple of minutes it has returned to 844 728-4916.
Will you remove it?
I have checked and closed all suspicious processes, and started to fix my shortcuts again. The same thing – all settings has returned to 844 728-4916.
I have checked all programs in autostart menu…
So I have spend about 2 hours to fix that problem manually!
You can save 2 hours using this manual!
Follow instructions step by step.
You have 2 ways to remove 844 728-4916:
Why I recommend you to use an automatic way?
- You know only one virus name: "844 728-4916", but usually you have infected by a bunch of viruses.
The UnHackMe program detects this threat and all others.
- UnHackMe is quite fast! You need only 5 minutes to check your PC.
- UnHackMe uses the special features to remove hard in removal viruses. If you remove a virus manually, it can prevent deleting using a self-protecting module. If you even delete the virus, it may recreate himself by a stealthy module.
- UnHackMe is small and compatible with any antivirus.
- UnHackMe is fully free for 30-days!
How to easily remove 844 728-4916 virus? (Virus removal guide)
Here’s how to remove 844 728-4916 virus:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 2: Scan for 844 728-4916 malware using UnHackMe. (1 minute)
STEP 3: Remove 844 728-4916 malware. (3 minutes)
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
will complete all steps I wrote above by checking all items with it’s database in only 1 minute!
Also UnHackMe surely will find another malware too, not only 844 728-4916 virus.
With manual deletion there can be some problems with erasing some opened files. Some processes can immediately be opened again. Often you can not have access rights to do some operations also.
UnHackMe ready to all this situations and will make hard work during reboot.
And that is not the end! If after erasing 844 728-4916 virus some problems still exists, UnHackMe has manual mode to explore unwanted programs in list and fix them.
Just try to use UnHackMe from Greatis Software and follow this guide!
So let’s start now:
STEP 1: Install UnHackMe (1 minute).
Double click on UnHackMe.zip.
- Then you have to accept the license agreement.
- And later you have to choose destination to install and finish installation process.
STEP 2: Scan for 844 728-4916 malware using UnHackMe (1 minute).
- After that you have to run UnHackMe, and start scanning, you may use fast scan for only 1 minute. But if you have time – I recommend you to run Online Multi-Antivirus + Anti-malware scanning with VirusTotal – it will increase probability of detection not only 844 728-4916 virus, but the other unwanted software too.
- After that the scanning process will begin.
STEP 3: Remove 844 728-4916 malware (3 minutes).
- By the way, UnHackMe shows you everything he found, not only absolutely bad, but suspected and even potentially good. Be careful! Not sure – skip it! But if it is marked as dangerous – trust it. It will be red. Check it and click Remove Checked.
- After that UnHackMe may ask you for confirmation and advise to close all browsers. Do it.
- In case you need to delete file or directory it is better to check ‘Use file safe deleting’. Yes, you will need to reboot, but this is best way.
- And after all you will see the results of your scanning and fixing process
STEP 4: (optional) Clear your basket and cache.
- Well, at first clear your basket. It is very usual, but necessary operation.
Simply right click on your basket and choose “Clear”.
- After that you have to clear the cache of your browser. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox as I do, just go to menu Tools and run Options.
Open Privacy tab and check option ‘Clear history when Firefox closes’
- Then click Settings at this screen and check options ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’ as shown at picture.
- After that click OK and close your browser’s pages. All information in cache will be removed.
So after all these steps you will have absolutely clean system without any trace of 844 728-4916 virus. Start using UnHackMe right now to completely protect your PC from malware and unwanted programs!
How to remove 844 728-4916 virus manually? (Virus removal guide)
- Find 844 728-4916 in the list of installed programs and uninstall it.
- Open Task Manager and close all programs, which has name 844 728-4916 in their description. Check the directories where such programs start. Erase all of them too.
- Disable auto starting of services with 844 728-4916 in it’s name.
- Delete tasks with 844 728-4916 in it’s name.
- Find and delete all keys with virus name in it’s content.
- After that, check shortcuts of your browsers if they have additional addresses at the end of command line. Check if shortcuts runs real browsers, not fakes. Remember: Chromium is fake browser, real name have to be Chrome.
- Check all plug-ins of all installed browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc., if they have our virus name in their names or directory. You may need to uninstall suspisious exgtensions or totally reset your browser.
- After that, check settings of search and homepage of your browser. Reset them if needed.
- Next, you have to check your DNS settings. Follow your provider’s instructions, delete all unknown DNS addresses.
- And at the end, clear your basket, temporal files, browser’s cache.
More info for Mozilla Firefox…
But if you miss any of these steps and only one part of virus remains – it will come back again immediately or after reboot.
So it was much easier to fix such problem automatically, wasn’t it? I fixed 844 728-4916 virus in only 5 minutes! That is why I strongly advise you to use UnHackMe for remove 844 728-4916 virus or other unwanted software, using this simple guide.